If you are leaving the United States for break, please remember to be prepared for your return inspection through U.S. Customs and Border Protection at your U.S. port of entry when you come back. It is important that you hand-carry (instead of packing in checked luggage) the following documents:

  1. Valid passport with valid F visa (be sure to enter on your F if you have more than one kind of visa); your passport should be good at least six months into the future
  2. Original, signed Form I-20 (Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Status); pay particular attention to the DSO signature on page three (each signature is only good for one year)

Failure to have all of the necessary documents above can result in you being directed to a secondary inspection station and either having your entry denied or receiving a Form I-514A for further completion.

You should also consider having:

  • A recent travel letter (or letter of enrollment) from your DSO indicating that you are in good status (e-mail Kevin with your travel destination and your departure and return dates)
  • Contact information for your DSO (Kevin Villegas,, 717-691-6005)

If you are traveling within the United States by bus, train or airline you should carry with you your valid passport or state issued driver’s license or ID. Failure to have valid photo identification can result in you not being permitted to board your bus, train or plane.

Tagged ,

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: